Friss and Radstone are a firm of lawyers who specialise in property and probate work. Delivering a high-quality service to clients in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and beyond, the firm have two offices; situated in Letchworth and Stevenage.
- As a company who value the importance of their IT systems, infrastructure and staff the scope of the work was to update the company’s internal IT Servers after completing a full Windows 10 roll out across both sites, by up grading all physical on premise servers, in Stevenage and Letchworth by carrying out Hyper V Server Virtualisation and full site to site network connectivity.
- All disaster recovery and backup was to be reviewed.
- Update ADSL Broadband to Business Fibre at both locations.
All current physical servers were virtualised for both sites providing greater business protection, scalability and increase system uptime. By linking both sites via a secure Site to site connection this enables shared access to valuable information within the business, as well as allowing staff to work efficiently at either location. Konnetix provided a full review and audit of the backup and disaster recovery policy for the business, delivering a full server VM replication offsite – an extremely robust solution in the event of a disaster or system failure.
Benefits of server/data centre virtualisation:
- Energy efficiency and cost saving
- Faster server provisioning
- Increased flexibility with virtual hardware
- Business continuity and increased uptime
- Robust disaster recovery
- Isolation of applications
- Limited capital investment
Staff within the business can now work efficiently and effectively from either the Letchworth or Stevenage office. This has enabled greater sharing of resources within the business, which has in turn improved productivity. Having provided managed IT services to Friis and Radstone, Konnetix were keen to obtain feedback on their latest project.
Greg Blount, BA, LLB, LLM Solicitor & Licensed Conveyancer at Friis and Radstone said:
“The improved IT communication between offices that Konnetix have provided for us has made a huge difference in our ability both to share documents and also for individuals to work in either location.
The quality support and advice that we have always received from Konnetix means that we can rely upon their professionalism and be confident about the solutions which they suggest for our technological challenges as they arise.
As an IT dummy it’s great to have Darren and his team only a phone call away and to know that any computer problems we are having will very soon be sorted and the status quo restored”
To learn more about Friis & Radstone, please visit www.friislaw.co.uk